Ezzy Taka 2
Call for the best price
- Reviews (0)
Ezzy Taka 2
The Taka 2 has much better high-end control and stability compared to the first year Taka. David Ezzy has achieved this by adding a 3/4 batten above the boom and also by modifying the head twist. As a result, the Taka 2 is as controllable in strong wind as the 4 batten Elite!
The Taka 2 also has improved low-end because it can be flown fuller while still maintaining a nice forward drive and stability.
The sizing of the Taka 2 has been expanded.
- Depowers when you sheet out to make wave riding much easier.
- Light weight and strong build.
- Great high-end.
- Fantastic low-end
- Wide wind range, so fewer sails required in a quiver.
- Very stable in a straight line. In fact, David has many of his flat-water/freeride sailors sailing the Taka 2.
The construction and materials of the Taka is similar to the Elite. This includes a Technora leech, Color Fusion center and Spectra X Film body. To get the true performance out of the Taka, you need to rig it correctly.
We rig and calibrate all Taka’s, so that you can easily and accurately set the downhaul. The Taka is designed to rig only on Ezzy masts. So, if you are serious about your wave sailing and want to get more radical off the top, the Taka will help.
- Unbreakable Solid Hand Tapered RBS Epoxy battens
- Ezzy Sails work on skinny masts (RDMs)as well as coventional diameter
- Precision Calibrated Downhaul System
- 2013 100% Technora® Warp Scrim, White and Colour fusion Trilite and Spectra® X-Film,High Density Spectra® X-Film
- Removable stainless steel low profile downhaul pulley which can be replaced with a D-ring
- Very tough mast sleeve material resists reef cuts
- Head is reinforced with adhesive-backed, woven polyester
- Three-ply reinforcement on the leech with built in leech stabilser battens
- Low-profile, screw batten tensioners
- Outhaul and downhaul gauges shows you how much tension you need
- Foot reinforcement protects the sewing from the board’s texture
- Mesh pocket in mast pad for downhaul line
- Super-thick mast pad wraps around your universal and flips up for easy rigging.
- Tack strap doubles as strap to keep sail rolled up in the sailbag
- Small vinyl window gives perfect visibility and improves durability
- Endrobatten construction produces a symmetrical profile on both the starboard and port tack
- Adjustable head webbing allows for different mast sizes and system removes flapping webbing
- Built in removable padded toe jam added to bottom of mast pad
- Water proof clew patch
- Each sail is rigged in Ezzy’s Sri Lankan loft for quality control.
- Heavy duty sail bag with drawstring closure (no jamming zippers) and mesh drainage base
- Built in stainless steel batten tension adjuster screwdriver
- Spare long webbing headstrap to rig on a longer mast
- Laminated rigging and sail care instructions,cool Ezzy sticker and a mini sail keyring.